Week 4

Thursday, Oct. 12, 2023

¡Qué tal! How's it going everyone!!? I can't believe that I have been here for 3 weeks. The time is flying. The days are long and the weeks are short haha. I only have 2 weeks left. Which is crazy. And for those of you who didn't know, Bolivia visas are taking longer right now, so reassignments will be coming in the next couple of days. The anticipation is crazy, I cannot wait to find out where I am getting reassigned. I want to get to Bolivia as soon as possible, but I know that if I get reassigned, I am supposed to be there at that time, wherever it is. It's all in the Lord's hands. 

This week was overall really good. Another week of Spanish immersion. Our district started this thing where for every word we say in English in class, we have to do 5 push ups. It's hard at times, but it pushes us to think in different ways and motivates me to work hard to learn Espanol. 

Our district played more sand volleyball and some soccer this week, which was super fun. It's so nice to be able to exercise each day we have classes. It's a great stress reliever and helps with focus.

The highlight of the week was that Elder Gong of the Quorum of the 12 apostles came here for a devotional on Tuesday! It was so incredible. There were so many things that he said that I needed to hear. The one thing that stood out to me the most was "seek perfection in Jesus Christ, not the world." The world wants us to think that we are defined by our wealth, popularity, status, etc. But that's not what Jesus cares about. He cares about how we come unto him. He wants us to strive to do our best and be perfected in him. And his grace is sufficient. None of us are perfect, but through the atonement and his grace we can find peace In this life and be happier. I love that so much. 


Anyways, that's all for this week. Love you all! 

-Elder Richards




Popular posts from this blog

Week 99: A fire (and watery) week (Semana 99: una semana de fuego (y agua))