Week 6: Hasta luego CCM
Thursday, Oct. 26, 2023
Que tal everyone! Another week that flew by. It's crazy. I leave tomorrow at 4:07 am
I will be getting on a bus, then to the front runner, and then the green line to the airport. Then my first flight leaves at 11:00. And I fly to LAX where I have a 3 hour layover. And then to Albuquerque. I'll land there around 6. Its kinda crazy that I am flying to LAX first and not straight to Albuquerque haha. But I think its just because of flight availability. And I am honestly pumped because it gives me the chance to eat food in the salt lake and la airports. You already know I'll be getting some Bueno comida. I am also setting a goal to give out a book of Mormon to someone at the airport. Which I know will be a little nerve wracking but I'm gonna be doing that pretty much every day for the next 2 years. So it will be awesome.
The last week here has been great. Played even more volleyball, and dominated of course. We also had a special devotional on Monday night with the young singing ambassadors at byu. They are incredible. The sung so many beautiful songs and also bore testimony. Very powerful.
We also took our final Spanish exam and I got 4.5 which is intermediate and a really good score. So I am happy about that.
On Tuesday we has the blessing having Elder Anderson of the Quorum of the 12 apostles come to speak to us with his wife. That was Incredible. I sung in the choir one last time. We sung "we thank thee o god for a prophet." But it was the arrangement by Mack Wilberg and they had to get special permission directly from him which is so cool. Such an amazing song. Singing in the choir has been such a powerful and spiritual experience. One of the most strong ways I feel the spirit is through music.
And my mom was covering the devotional for Church News, so I got to see her! We got to talk and get a picture and get some final hugs. It was such a blessing to see her. I love my family so much.
This morning, most of the Elders in our district left for the field. And the rest of us are leaving tomorrow. It's bittersweet. I am really going to miss them. Our district formed close bonds that will never be broken. I love them all so much. We are all going to different parts of South and central America and our reassignments are all over too. I have been so blessed to be in district 03-N. And I have also been so blessed to be in Branch 3. President and Sister Shumway,
Bother and Sister Sitake (yes they are the aunt and uncle of Kalani)
And brother and sister Marcus
Have all been such an amazing blessing. It is so true that we were In the best branch in the mtc. Their counsel, leadership, guidance, advice, and teaching have been so incredible. I am going to miss them so much.
I loved my time here. I made so many friends here. What a blessing to be with 3000 other missionaries serving all over the world in so many languages. What a blessing to have had devotionals from the YW general president, 2 apostles, and 2 General authority 70's. I will miss all the fun times with our district, all the spiritual moments(which is pretty much all the time because the spirit is so strong here) my teachers, my district and branch, Sand volleyball, pickleball, the food, and just being here. The mtc is such a special place. I will miss it, but I am so eager to get out in the field. I know that there are people who are being prepared. I am so excited to share the light of christ of others, spread the good news of the gospel, and give it my all to the lord.
My next email will be from New Mexico! I love you all!
-Èlder Richards
(Picture taken by Adam Fondren)






