Week 11: Steak > turkey

Monday, Nov. 27, 2023

Que tal everyone! How's everyone doing? I hope yall are doing great and had a great Thanksgiving! 


This week was pretty good. Thanksgiving here was awesome. Our zone did a turkey bowl which was super fun. Then we went to the parade in downtown El Paso, which was really fun. They had all sorts of floats and also military and border patrol and fire department and police vehicles. Loved that. We got a lot of people and Mascots to t-pose which was really funny. After the parade we cleaned up with the ward. Each ward  In the Texas zones had a block. We then bustled back to go to our first dinner. Really good. Then we went straight to another. Straight gas. 
Then we went to the other Elders In the ward apartment to chill until we had to head home. Super fun day. And I got to call home. 

Steven came to church again on Sunday!! What a beast. Such a great kid. And the youth in the ward are doing an amazing job of reaching out to him. We have taken a lot of them for member present lesson which is sweet. We will probably be putting him on date soon. 

We met this guy this week who uses a microphone thing to talk. He used to be a mobster gangster who made 100,000 a month dealing drugs. He's almost been killed countless times. He left that behind and nowadays spends most of his time grinding call of duty.  He seems lonely and says he enjoys our company. He liked the video we showed hm called "he was born for you" on the gospel library app. Highly recommend yall watch it. Anyway this guy is pretty cool actually and showed us some martial arts moves. We are gonna visit him at the hospital tomorrow after his surgery.

So for the title of the email, the elders quorum did an activity all about steak. How to cut it properly, what types there are, how to prepare it properly, how to cook it amazingly, and etc. It was super cool. Bro Goldamez led it and he's insane at cooking and knows his way around a knife and kitchen. The steak was super gas. In my opinion better than Turkey but maybe that's just me. 

Tender mercy is that I was really wanting to eat brisket. My fam was gonna be eating it on Thanksgiving back home and I was honestly really wanting to eat brisket lol. So I prayed that I would be able to eat brisket sometime soon. And literally the next day, these members fed us brisket leftover from their Thanksgiving. It wasn't as good as my dad's or grandma's, but it was beautiful to me. I know the lord is looking out for me and loves me. 

We played a ton of basketball today and I shot lights out in the first game from being the ark. Super fun. We also went boot shopping and I got a sick pair of boots. I'll send a picture next week and it'll be on my google photos.

Sorry that this email was all over I didn't have a lot of time to write it. 

Jesus loves you all! 

-Elder Richards 









Popular posts from this blog

Week 99: A fire (and watery) week (Semana 99: una semana de fuego (y agua))