Week 9: Harley Davidson and Bible bashed

Monday, Nov. 13, 2023

Que tal!

This week flew by haha. But a lot happened! We grinded this week and found a ton of new people to teach. We also got a ton of lessons in! So awesome. It's awesome to set goals and work hard for them. My companions and I all worked really hard and we saw the results.

Here's some highlights 

Got Bible bashed for a solid 15 minutes In Spanish by this abuela. Good times 

Got absolutely flamed by this judge lady who thought she was the absolute best

We took a priest in the ward out with us OYMing and he bore his testimony really powerfully to the judge and the spirit was so strong 

Went to the Harley Davidson store and took some fire pics 

Went to a gas mexican restaurant 

Got fed lots of Mexican food from the members and also pizza 

Spoke a ton of Spanish and got to teach lots of lessons in Spanish 

Played lots of basketball today and I balled out. Splashed a ton of threes and crazy assists. Good stuff


My Texas flag came in the mail (thanks mom and dad)

Ate some more chick fil a (those cards are so clutch)

Met with Brother Howard (as usual on Sunday night) and he showed us all his awards and everything. This guy is incredible. He's a convert and served In the navy, has a PhD and was a mechanical engineer for Nasa. Was gonna make it to space but had an accident in the navy in the water. He also has a huge model train and plane and spaceship collection. He is such a kind man and an inspiration to me.

I am loving it here in El Paso. The people are so amazing. The members are incredible, they feed us every night and it's so awesome to learn about their lives and backgrounds and what they do for work. There are a ton of guys in the ward who are in the military and it is so cool to hear about their stories. 

I would encourage all of you to go read and study doctrine and covenants chapter 6 sometime this week. It's so incredible and I know you will love it and learn from it.

I love you all! I hope you have an amazing week!

hasta luego!

-Élder Richards










Popular posts from this blog

Week 99: A fire (and watery) week (Semana 99: una semana de fuego (y agua))