Week 22: Zone conference

Wednesday, Feb. 14, 2024

Que tal yall! 

These week was good. We are having to reset our teaching pool because no one is really progressing. So we are just finding like crazy trying to find people who are ready for the gospel. It's honestly really hard to stop teaching people who you love and want to come closer to Christ. Like our homie Steven. We found him like my first week here and he's such a dawg. But he just isn't progressing and he's not ready yet. It's very sad. But we know that we've planted a seed in him that had started to take root. 

This week we also had zone conference which was really good. It was centered around our relationship with the savior. It was super powerful. President and Sister Edwards are so awesome. 

At zone conference, got to see some of the dawgs. Not the ones up north though. 

We also had interviews with Pres and he is so powerful and gave some great advice and counsel. I talked to him about our area and how we are not seeing a ton of success. It feels like we are working hard but not seeing the fruits of our labors. He gave me some amazing counsel. He is so awesome. 

This week was so incredible for food. Some incredible enchiladas two nights in a row. So so good. Man I just love food haha. 

Everyone please pray for our friend Luis! His wife has made false accusations against him and he is really struggling right now. 

Spiritual sprinkle
I was reading this week in ether. I was reading about the brother of Jared and the barges. There were some verses that stuck out to me
.
22And he cried again unto the Lord saying: O Lord, behold I have done even as thou hast commanded me; and I have prepared the vessels for my people, and behold there is no light in them. Behold, O Lord, wilt thou suffer that we shall cross this great water in darkness?
24 For behold, ye shall be as a whale in the midst of the sea; for the mountain waves shall dash upon you. Nevertheless, I will bring you up again out of the depths of the sea; for the winds have gone forth out of my mouth, and also the rains and the floods have I sent forth.
 25 And behold, I prepare you against these things; for ye cannot cross this great deep save I prepare you against the waves of the sea, and the winds which have gone forth, and the floods which shall come. Therefore what will ye that I should prepare for you that ye may have light when ye are swallowed up in the depths of the sea?
4 And I know, O Lord, that thou hast all power, and can do whatsoever thou wilt for the benefit of man; therefore touch these stones, O Lord, with thy finger, and prepare them that they may shine forth in darkness; and they shall shine forth unto us in the vessels which we have prepared, that we may have light while we shall cross the sea
5 Behold, O Lord, thou canst do this. We know that thou art able to show forth great power, which looks small unto the understanding of men.
And it came to pass that when the brother of Jared had said these words, behold, the Lord stretched forth his hand and touched the stones one by one with his finger. And the veil was taken from off the eyes of the brother of Jared, and he saw the finger of the Lord; and it was as the finger of a man, like unto flesh and blood; and the brother of Jared fell down before the Lord, for he was struck with fear.
For it came to pass after the Lord had prepared the stones which the brother of Jared had carried up into the mount, the brother of Jared came down out of the mount, and he did put forth the stones into the vessels which were prepared, one in each end thereof; and behold, they did give light unto the vessels. 
3 And thus the Lord caused stones to shine in darkness, to give light unto men, women, and children, that they might not cross the great waters in darkness.


I absolutely love this. I was thinking this week about the "stones of light" in our lives.
Such as the scriptures, prayer, and going to church. Although these things may seem simple, when we have faith that they can help us get closer to Christ, the Lord will work wonders in our lives through them. And these stones of light can guide us through all the storms in our lives. The brother of jared had faith. And the Lord provided the way for him and the people. 
I know that these things have helped me in my conversion to the Savior immensely. They have helped me through the trials in my life, and the hard times on my mission. I pray that you all will ponder how you will use the stones of light in your lives even more. I know that you will be blessed because of it and feel more peace, joy, and happiness. 

I love you guys!!

Èlder Richards






Popular posts from this blog

Week 99: A fire (and watery) week (Semana 99: una semana de fuego (y agua))