Week 23: Planting seeds

 Monday, Feb. 19, 2024

Que tal yall! 


How's everyone doing? 
Before I forget because I didn't talk about it in the last email...
How bout them CHIEFSSSSSSSSS
Let's gooo Chiefs!!! I'm so pumped that the chiefs won!!! Most of you may know but I'm a huge chiefs fan. We weren't able to watch the game but we were tracting an apartment complex and everyone had it on so no one wanted to talk to us lol. But I heard some of the game and I heard part of overtime. Then my family sent a vid of the last play and all my siblings were going bananas and I was so hyped. 

Anyways about the week. This week was pretty grindy. We worked hard. On Tuesday we found a homie in the army who doesn't believe in God. I had the thought to testify that Jesus Christ is his savior and loves him. We ended up talking and he said he's tried a bunch of churches, but he's never felt anything at them. And he feels like he's tried to reach out to God but never received an answer. We testified of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and the book of mormon, and it was super powerful. We brought a member with us, Alejandro. He's so cool. He's returning to church after being Inactive for a while and he is a dawg. He's super powerful. He's struggled with some addictions but through the atonement has overcome them. He'd super awesome and be popped off talking to this guy. He bore his testimony on church and prayer and the scriptures and the spirit was very strong. 

On Wednesday we went finding for 5 hours straight and were only able to talk to 4 people. Massive L. 

We were finally able to meet with the Redes on Friday after a month. It was a super powerful lesson. Their oldest son joined and I got to teach him how to pray! I love teaching people how to pray. We also found a Spanish homie, and after giving the full restoration in Spanish by myself, we found out that he is an  inactive member and wants to come back to church. So that's awesome. 

On Saturday we had a lesson with the king family, the family we found last week. Their oldest daughter had a ton of questions about Jesus. We taught the plan of salvation. It was awesome. 

Yesterday, we got a cracked member referral from Bishop Gonzalez! He has a friend who he's been talking to about the church for a long time. His name is Danny. A couple weeks ago, he told bishop that he's ready to be baptized. He's come to church twice and will be meeting with him tonight at bishops house. 
Everyone please pray for him! And us as we teach him. Thank you guys so much! 


Elder Mecham and I continue to get along so well. We have become best friends. I am so glad the lord placed us here together for these 3 transfers. We have had so much fun together and worked super hard. I know that I got reassigned here for a reason. One of us is for sure leaving this area next transfer, so that is going to be sad. 

Elder Mechams family friends sent us some sock ties this week. They are super dope and now I'm on a sock tie craze haha. I love sock ties now.

Spiritual sprinkle:

"Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God."
-D&C 18:10

You matter! You are amazing! God loves you so much. So so so so much. More than we can even comprehend. And no matter what, nothing will ever change that love. So whatever is going on, whatever you may be going through, just know that God loves you to infinity and beyond. If you are feeling down, turn towards christ. He is the light. And you can always turn towards God in prayer, and by reading the scriptures. This is one way I feel of his love, and I know that you can too. If you ever need anyone to talk to, send me an email. 

Love, 
Élder Richards 








Popular posts from this blog

Week 99: A fire (and watery) week (Semana 99: una semana de fuego (y agua))