Week 25: Transfers
Monday, March 4, 2024
Que tal yall
How was everyone's week?
On p day last week, we worked out with saul on the track. It was good.
I can't remember what happened on Tuesday lol
On Wednesday we spent the day in Sierra Blanca! It is always so fun to go over to Sierra Blanca. We drove with Brother Maser and he is so funny. We visited some homies down there, and did service for the Allens! The Allens are super awesome. After doing some service we went to one of the 2 places to eat in town thats open. Some bussin mexican food.
That evening we got transfer news. And we got the news that Elder Mecham would be getting transfered to the Las Cruces zone. And I am going to be staying here in soccoro with Elder Gowens who is a transfer ahead of me in the field, he came from the border of our area in the next zone over.
On Thursday all the boys in the district went to west Texas for lunch. It is a steakhouse but has a crazy lunch special on burgers. 7 bucks for a big juicy build your own burger, with a ton of fries. So gas. Elder Mecham and I also did service for Brother Zuniga all afternoon on his farm! He had some mondo weeds that we cleared up and put in a huge pile to burn. It was super fun. Elder Mecham and I just put on the youth album and went to work. It was way chill and super fun. Brother Zuniga is a beast. We went around so Elder Mecham could say goodbye to some of the homies in the ward. We went to Coldstone that night and I got flashbacks of my time at Coldstone haha. But there's a new flavor called butter pecan there and it was super super good.
Friday we had district council. Saul pulled up to give us a motivational missionary related pump up speech. It was lit. We got a fire polaroid with him and the district after. Went to Chick-fil-a after which is gas as always.
Saturday was tough ngl (not gonna lie). Elder Mecham finished getting packed up. We went to Rivas one last time and each got a absolutely mondo burrito with Pollo Asado and carne asada. Yummmmyyyyy
Went to a dope souvenir shop
And then pulled up to the transfer site. Chilled for a little bit. Then the transfer van pulled up and I got to see Elder Mitton for the first time in almost 4 1/2 months! He's been up north but is down south now! So that's lit.
Then I had to say goodbye to my boy, my dawg, my homie, Elder Mecham. He is such a beast and we are literally so tight that we are practically brothers now. I've had an amazing time being comps with him for the last almost 5 months. We had an amazing time together. I am so grateful I got to serve with him and we were able to create a lifelong friendship. I am going to miss him very much.
I met Elder Gowens on Saturday and we got to work right away, having a lesson with Danny at the stake center with bishop. We talked about the temple and went over the baptismal interview questions. That night, he had his interview and it went amazing!
We had dinner that night with the Masseys which is always super fun. Got to throw the football around too.
On Sunday we went back to Elder Gowens ward so he could confirm a friend he baptized the day before. Then we went to our ward and the testimonies were super powerful.
Today our whole zone is driving up to Albuquerque to go to the temple tomorrow! I am so excited. I haven't been able to go to the temple since the MTC, and it truly is a blessed opportunity to be able go.
Spiritual sprinkle
Repentance is an amazing gift from our Heavenly Father. So use it! Because of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ by preforming the Atonement for us, we have the ability to repent. To change. To find true joy.
I love this counsel from President Nelson:
"Please do not fear or delay repenting. Satan delights in your misery. Cut it short. Cast his influence out of your life! Start today to experience the joy of putting off the natural man. The Savior loves us always but especially when we repent. He promised that though “the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed … my kindness shall not depart from thee"
"Walking the covenant path, coupled with daily repentance, fuels positive spiritual momentum."
The Savior is always waiting with open arms. He is waiting for us to come unto him. And one of the best ways we come unto him is through repentance. I make many mistakes. I am very imperfect. But I am so grateful for the blessing of repentance that allows me to feel more peace and joy and and an increase of the spirit in my life every day. I promise, just as our beloved prophet has, that a daily focus on repentance will bring everlasting joy.
Anyways, I love yall! Send me an email!!! I wanna hear from yall. Especially on mission calls!
Love
Élder Richards










