Week 26: The temple, 6 months, and baptism
Monday, March 11, 2024
¡Que tal yall!
So as I said last week, last Monday we were on the way up to Albuquerque to go to the temple.
We drove up all afternoon, and spent the evening at the mission home with President and Sister Edwards. They fed us some good pizza, and president dropped a powerful hour and a half of doctrine. Mega powerful and spiritual. He talked about a lot of things, and especially in relation to the temple. It was super awesome.
We stayed in the mission home for FHE over zoom which was awesome. Then we went and stayed the night with the assistants.
We woke up Tuesday morning fasting before the temple. We got there, had a little bit of time to take some pics, and got to do a session! It was our whole zone, a senior companionship, and the first counselor and his wife, and President and Sister Edwards. It was super powerful and the spirit was very strong. As soon as I stepped foot in the temple, the Spirit rushed all over me. An absolutely incredible feeling. The spirit in the temple is so awesome because it is the house of the lord! He truly does dwell there! And I felt of his love so strongly. It was so awesome to also be there with our mission leaders. The Edwards are so awesome. They have so much wisdom and knowledge and are extremely powerful.
It was such an amazing opportunity to be at the temple.
Sister Edwards shared a story of 2 Nigerian woman some time ago, who walked 18 miles to get their temple recommends. There wasn't a temple anywhere close by, but they still wanted with all Their hearts to be recommended to the lord. This really made me ponder the blessings I have had to have so many temples near my home and the blessing to be able to go while on the mission. I have definitely taken it for granted.
We drove back and went straight to a lesson with Danny.
On Wednesday we had another lesson with Danny!
On Thursday, we had a buss dinner and I was able to bless the home afterwards. That night we had a phone lesson with Luis and Brother Zuniga joined.
We had DC on Friday and then I went on an exchange with one of the ZL's Elder Cambell. He's a beast. We had a really awesome exchange. We were in their area (Fabens) so I got to be in Some Spanish lessons. They went really well and I was able to testify and teach pretty good.
The people for dinner made us 30 burgers lol. I was unfortunately only able to eat 3. Disappointing showing. The Mexicans make a ton of food tho! We will see how the Bolivians are haha
Saturday was a very special day. Our friend Danny was baptized! Bishop Gonzalez baptized him and confirmed him. And I got to be in the circle. It was so powerful and amazing to see Danny enter into the covenant path with our loving Heavenly Father. It brings me so much joy and happiness.
Luis also pulled up to the bappy! I got to see him in person for the first time in like a month. He loved it. Afterwards we went to bro Sunigas house for pizza and a lesson. Twas gas. That night we had a lesson with another guy named Luis, a super cool christian who literally has such a strong testimony of Jesus Christ. He just needs the restored truths of the gospel! We gave him a book of Mormon, and bore testimony of it. He really wants us to come back.
Sunday was super awesome. It was stake conference and Elder Godoy of the 70, Elder Johnson an Area 70, the Juarez temple president, and President and Sister Edwards. They all spoke and it was mega powerful. We had dinner that night with the Masseys which was awesome as always. They are the goats. Then we had a lesson with Ramiro who is a homie Elder Cambell and I found. He's funny lol he said he would read the Book or Mormon every day so that's a dub.
I hit 6 months today which is crazy. Time is flying.
Spiritual sprinkle
Jesus Christ loves you! He died specifically for you! He felt everything you have ever gone through. He felt the pains, the hardships, the trials, the guilt and weight of our sins. Everything. He atoned for us individually.
So he knows you individually. He can relate to you perfectly. So turn to him. He wants you to turn to him! He's just waiting to give you a big hug. He loves you more than you can even imagine. El es nuestro hermano y amigo.
I love yall! Have a great week!









