Week 30: Intercambios y la conferencia general

Monday, April 8, 2024

Que tal yall! 

This week was bussin here's some highlights

Abuelita took us out to lunch on Tuesday. Went to tacos don cuco. She's so awesome and funny

Went on an powerful exchange with Elder Armendariz and it was awesome. The gift of tongues is real. Before one of the longer lessons, I prayed to be able to have the gift of tongues and be able to say everything I needed too. I was able to understand everything that was going on and teach just fine. Then I was able to bear my testimony at the end and it was so powerful and I had no problems speaking. It was flowing. I know that the lord was helping me and it was just so awesome. 

On Thursday we had a lesson with Luis and we commited him to pray about his baptismal date! He says that he is so happy he's on this path. So hyped for him I've been teaching him my whole mission, back with Elder Carbine and mecham and then with Elder mecham and we grew to be homies with him and its so awesome to see how his testimony has grown. He went through a bit of a rough patch for a couple months but his situation is getting back to normal. He's such a beast and loves the book of Mormon.

On Friday we had a powerful district council and then I got to go on an exchange with Elder evans!!! I love elder evans so much he's such a dawg. We had a super powerful exchange and I also got blessed up with the gift of tongues which was mega powerful. It went by way too fast and we had so much fun. Love that guy so much

Then onto general conference!! 

Holy cow General Conference was so powerful. Mega powerful. 
Saturday morning we watched it with the zone at north loop and had a mondo breakfast. I really liked Elder Dushkus talk about rays of light. 

Saturday afternoon and evening we watched on the big screen at Sister Duns house. We had pizza and it was just so awesome. Sister Dunn lives out in the boonies and we drove there with Elder Mecham and Ellder Magnusson which was super fun. 

We watched the Sunday morning at the Gallegos home. Which is a family that has combo of inactive members, active members, and non members we are teaching. They fed us a yummy Mexican breakfast and let us hold their 2 week old puppies. It was literally like holding a potato haha. 

And Sunday afternoon was with the Traylor family. Super comfy couch I may or may not have fallen asleep for a little bit in the middle.... that couch was way too comfy haha. Then the traylors made some incredible steak for dinner. So bussin.

We found someone yesterday who says he wants to get baptized by the proper authority which has been restored to the earth so that's a dub.

Both the King fam and Luis watched conference!! So so awesome!!

Spiritual sprinkle
General conference was just so so powerful. I found answers to all of my questions and felt the Spirit so strong. What an amazing time to feel the spirit and receive guidance directly from the Lord. The messages are literally inspired directly from God, for us. 
There was a special emphasis on covenants and temples throughout conference. And this was no coincidence. These are the last days. The world is crazy. The adversary Is working really hard. But as the prophet has counseled, the safest place to be is in our covenants. Our covenants literally anchor us to Heavenly Father and the Savior. They give us protection, peace, allow us to be guided by the spirit, and bring us true joy through the Savior. I am so grateful for the covenants I have with Heavenly Father. They mean so much to me. 

I love you guys! And Jesus Christ loves yall so so much! Have a great week! Send me an email! I'd love to hear from you guys! 





Popular posts from this blog

Week 99: A fire (and watery) week (Semana 99: una semana de fuego (y agua))