Week 31: Una semana loca

Monday, April 15, 2024

Que tal yall! 

This week was crazy. Let's get into it 

Monday 
P day. Basically just chilled with the dawgs all day because I sent my basketball shoes home with some other stuff this last week that I sent up with the Frizzells who were going up to Utah for conference. That was super clutch of them. Thank you guys!

Tuesday
We had a lesson with this homie we found on Sunday and we put him on date to be baptized on May 4th! From the start we talked about baptism and he has never been baptized. We talked about how God's power and authority to preform miracles in his name and provide saving Ordinances is on the earth. He was hyped when we told him about this and so as of right now he will be baptized In a few weeks!

Wednesday 
Volunteered at the food bank which is always fun. Went tracting and it is getting way hotter here so you gotta love the finding grind in the heat. 
The Frizzells took us out to dinner to Texas roadhouse. And it was so buss!! And such a great time. I absolutely love the Frizzells. 
Had a lesson that night with Luis and talked about some of his concerns about getting baptized. One was that he hasn't felt God speaking directly to him yet. We sent him the talk from this last general conference by Elder Dushku called pillars and rays. (A really amazing talk I highly recommend yall read it again). 
Okay and this is where is gets crazy. 
So we have transfer news. And I honestly had no idea what was gonna happen to me. 
And the zls tell me over the call "pack your bags because you are going to the El paso zone in the soccoro Texas....... East area!!"
I literally moved areas in the same ward! Which is so rare! After 6 months in soccoro west, the Lord needs me in soccoro east. So im going to be comps with Elder Magnusson!! And Elder mecham (an absolute beast and dawg) is going to whitewash 2 areas up in cruces with my last comp and absolute homie dawg Elder mecham! So crazy! Mecham and Mecham running it up is gonna be awesome. Love you guys!!!


Thursday 
Thursday was good! Luis read the watched it too and he absolutely loved it! He felt like God was speaking to him through the talk. And this was something he absolutely needed to hear! So hyped! 
We had dinner with the Masseys which is awesome as always!! Love the Masseys! 

Friday
We had a fire district council. Also got the news that our msf would be getting raised which is so clutch!!
After DC  we called Luis over the phone to pray for him before a job interview he was going to. And a little later he called us back and he got the job! And he made sure to get Sundays off so he could come to church! So hyped!!!!
The Galdamez fam fed us that night! They were my first dinner in the Soccoro ward and I instantly grew to love them! They got baptized a little over a year ago and will be going to through the temple next month! Now that I'm gonna be in Soccoro east I'll be able to be on lessons with them and I'm hyped! 
We had lesson with Luis and we talked about how much we've seen him change. How he's truly become closer to christ. Homie literally reads the Book of Mormon every day. We talked about taking a leap of faith, and how we know he's ready for baptism. He's been praying and fasting and wants to be baptized before the end of this month!! And we put him on date to make a covenant with heavenly father on April 27th! 
This makes me so happy. I've been teaching Luis my whole mission. Elder Mecham and I grew to he homies with him. He's such an amazing man and I love him. Luis has been through the worst Over the last few months. And there's been times where he's felt like giving up on God. But God never gave up on him. God has comforted and helped him through all these trials. He kept pushing. And things started to get better. Because of Jesus Christ, Luis is getting baptized by the power and authority of god. He is entering into this covenant relationship with God and christ and will be able to receive so much more power and guidance in his life. I'm so happy for him. 

On Saturday, we had transfers! Had to say goodbye to Mecham and that was tough. We went to McDonald's before and chowed. 
I'm literally in the other area in the ward so it's super close by. Soccoro east Is awesome and im pumped to be with Elder Magnusson! He so funny and a hard worker. We are gonna grind.

Spiritual sprinkle:

Proverbs 3:5-6

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

I love these scriptures. I know that the lord is directing our paths. I've spent 6 months in Soccoro west, and learned so much and grown so much closer to my savior. And now I get to serve in Soccoro East. I know that the lord has a work for me to do here. God's plan is on top. He knows what's best for us! We just have to trust it! 

Have a great week! Love yall!

Élder Richards 




Popular posts from this blog

Week 99: A fire (and watery) week (Semana 99: una semana de fuego (y agua))