Week 32: Almost got evicted

Monday, April 22, 2024 

Que tal yall! 

This week was really awesome! We had some amazing miracles. Here's some highlights.

-Elder Magnusson and I worked hard all week and found a lot of new people to teach and had 27 member present lessons. 
-Luis passed his baptismal interview!
-Had some amazing dinners including 5 guys and some absolutely incredible carne asada with guacamole and potatoes with the Flores family.
- ran into a J dub who gave us soda and asked us what God's name was (they always do) and then left us with "homework." Super nice guy. Most of the ones I've talked to here are really nice and give us food so that's hype. 
-had an amazing miracle where we received a referral. And unlike a lot of them where we get ghosted, this guy is awesome! He's wife is an inactive member who wants to come back and he wanted to get baptized and then sealed to her for eternity! He asked when he could get baptized and together we picked a date for may 18th! Such an amazing miracle. All because of the lord. This truly is his work!
-Had a powerful district council with Elder evans. He's such an awesome guy
-almost got evicted from our apartment. We are low-key being targeted. They said that we were excessively speeding but we were going like 3 over the speed limit and everyone else in our complex goes way faster. They just hate us. The housing coordinators had to beg them to let us stay. It's been kinda stressful because we have to go 5 mph now in fear of getting kicked out. So it takes us like 5 minutes to get out of the complex. Very tough but it's all good. It means Good things are coming that the adversary does not want to happen! 
- had interviews with Pres this week and he gave some amazing advice as always. The travel office told him that I'll probably go to Bolivia in 2 months. I'm actually happy that I'm staying longer because Elder Magnusson and I are doing amazing things! We are working really hard to spread the light of christ. And we have some amazing things coming up. It's God's plan! I know that I absolutely need to be here right now. And I get to live with one of my dawgs Elder Evans! I love that guy so much

Luis has been really struggling this last week. The adversary does not want him to be baptized. And he's doing everything in his power to try to stop it. A couple weeks ago, I felt prompted to have a daily contact with him in my new area. And so I've been sharing scriptures and calling him. I think that it is helping him a lot. But he needs as many prayers as he can get! So I'd love it if yall could pray for him! He is still on date for this Saturday! 

Spiritual sprinkle:

"And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions"
Mosiah 24:14

I love this scripture. The lord will comfort us and help us through our trials! We have to turn to him. He won't always take our trials and hard times away, because those are what help us to grow and change, but he will strengthen us to be able to endure them. We just have to turn to him! In prayer, in scripture study, in temple attendance, In church, in serving others, and in everything that brings us closer to christ. I know that God loves us. And he will be with us and and us as long as we call upon him. 

I love you guys!

Love 
Èlder Richards





Popular posts from this blog

Week 99: A fire (and watery) week (Semana 99: una semana de fuego (y agua))