Week 36: Bolivia!!
Monday, May 20, 2024
Que tal yall!
To start out, the last few days in America were lit. Got to run it up with Elder Duarte and Elder Meservy and it was lit. We had a great time and got to teach a lot of Spanish lessons.
Spent the last night with the APs and then Thursday morning pres and the APs took us to the airport. Had to say goodbye to them (they are dawgs especially President Edwards I'm gonna miss that guy).
We started our long journey. Went to Atlanta, then Miami where we met up with the other missionaries who got their visas too. Saw some of the homies from my branch at the MTC which was lit. Got Chick-fil-A the one one last time and then hopped on the flight on Boa to Santa Cruz Bolivia on the flight I taught the restoration to a Bolivian and he's interested in the gospel which is super cool and we read from the Book of Mormon together and then once we got there we had to buy our visas which was kind of stressful it was all in Spanish and it was a little confusing but we made it through. barely made it to our flight to go to Cochabamba from Santa Cruz with like to 5 minutes to spare haha. Flying into Cochabamba was crazyyyyy. Just looking over the city was so cool. We landed and the APs were there with a bus to pick us up. We drove through the city to a capilla (chapel) and we got trainings, food, and got to have an interview with pres! He's a dawg! He only speaks Spanish and is a very powerful guy.
We were there receiving trainings until all the missionaries in the north pulled up for transfers! Transfers here our awesome! Every companionship is announced and everyone goes crazy! All of us that came in ran through a tunnel of missionaries and was so hype. Imagine what it feels like for the chiefs to run out on the field before kickoff.... ive never done that but id imagine this is pretty similar to that. Just so hype and loud and awesome.
Im in a trio with Elder Staheli and Elder Coronado, from Nevada and Ecuador. They are lit! They are ZLs and are "showing" me the mission. Not sure how to explain it but because I've already been trained by two amazing homies in Texas. (Love you Mecham and Carbine) I'm not going to be trained again.
Elder Coronado finishes his mission in 3 weeks and so apparently they will also be training me to be a zone leader. So thats gonna be crazy. I know that with the Lord's help all things are possible.
The last few days have felt like a fever dream. I've been so tired haha trying to adjust and with all the Spanish running through my ears and out my mouth I'm so tired at night I just wanna go to sleep haha.
It's so awesome here! Our area is in the city and we live super close to the Christ statue. Our area goes up the mountain and it's a steep climb every night to get our food from our pension. We take these things called trufis around which are basically tiny minvans with like 4 rows. We use these for very long distances.
Bolivian coke is better than every other coke. (Bold statement I know.) Come here and try it and it will blow your mind.
We have to filter all our water and there are several foods we can't eat. We have two pensions who cook for us because its apparently too dangerous for us to cook here. They also do our laundry which is way nice. Very big luxury. Most of the meals here consist of rice, chicken, and potatoes.
We have a little corner store we buy bread at for breakfast. And the shower is so small. Ive hit my head on the dividers a few times already haha.
The ward is so lit. The saints here truly love Jesus Christ. I love them so much and ive gotten lots of compliments for my height. Super kind and humble people.
No matter where we are, the gospel is the same. Christs restored gospel is the same in Soccoro Texas as Cochabamba Bolivia. Thats whats so amazing. It truly is amazing to see. I love being a missionary and being able to share this gospel that brings me so much joy. I love it so much.
Que tengan un beun semana! (Have a good week!)
Te amo a todos mucho! Ciao! (I love you all a lot, bye!)







