Week 38: You are my sunshine
Monday, June 3, 2024
Que tal yall!
Not too much happened this week.
Our area is a grind right now trying to help people come unto Christ. But every week doing the Lord's work has highlights!
-had another day of traimates and since it took so long I got to have some chickens kingdom! So good but wrecked my stomach later.... (I'll spare the details but it was rough)
-Found a new guy to teach! He's very interested and after sharing the restoration with him he happily accepted el libro de mormon.
-Miguel is doing great! He is still on date for this Saturday and came to church yesterday!
-we got asked very last minute yesterday to teach the YSA Sunday School class at church yesterday. It actually went very well and Miguel was there too and enjoyed it!
-Played a ton of futbol today and had a salteña. Yummy love those thing
-I miss American food so much. Like so so much. The pension food is pretty good but I just want to eat a whole pizza and a triple cheeseburger from In-n-out with a grasshopper shake from Iceburg haha. Just gotta remember what matters most!
-Shoutout to two of my best friends Elder Morgan and my brother James who have their birthdays this week! You guys are the goats and i love you so much! Eat some great pizza for me James!
-Also shout out to my cousins Kira and Spencer for their bdays and Spencer's baptism!! So happy for you Spencer! and my cousin Emily for graduating high school!! Lets gooooo!
Tender mercy of the week:
Two times this week "you are my sunshine" started playing from random cars outside our apartment. The real ones know it was the best song to be sung to before bed growing up. To some it might seem like not a big of a deal but for me I knew God was watching over me in these small moments to help remind me of his love and bring back some happy memories. (Love you mom and dad)
Spiritual sprinkle:
Jesus Christ can and will be the sunshine in our lives if we let him! Even in hard times, when we are surrounded by darkness, we can let christ in by opening up the door. Christ and his sunshine are waiting for us to open up the door and let him in! One of the ways I have opened up the door in my life is through repentance. Repentance has brought me true joy and happiness through christ and his atonement.
There are so many ways to let Christ into our lives. I'd invite yall to pray and seek these out. I promise more peace, happiness, and joy!
Love,
Élder Richards



