Week 54: Fe, bautismos, milagros
Monday, Sept. 23, 2024
Que tal yall!
It was a great, jam-packed week here in Cochabamba. Let's dive in.
Last p day Elder Bott and Elder Reed brought this cool dradle thing to p day. It's called a trumpet which is not like the instrument but a little spinny thing that you tie a string around and let it rip like a Beyblade. Then you lasso It up and try to balance It on your hand. It probably sounds kind dumb the way i explained It but It's so fire. His ward member gifted them to him and Elder Skinner and i also copped some.
On Wednesday we get transfer news and I got told I'm gonna be getting transferfed. I really grew close to the familia Montero, our pension. They took care of me so incredibly and It has been such a blessing to get to know them.
I packed up my bags which took forever and on Thursday the familia Montero made us some of their amazing pizza for my last lunch. We took some fire flics and some fire polaroids and they gave me a medal that said trumpet champion 2023 so that was absolutely fire. Saying goodbye was mega though. Tears were shed. I'm so grateful for them and the influence they have had on me.
We pull up to the transfer meeting and they call me and Elder Collins' names together as zone leaders in the Sacaba zone! Haha I've spent my whole time here in Bolivia in suburbs of Sacaba, Cochabamaba. He such a dawg! He went to Olympus and we were actually in the same MTC branch together!
We've got big planes for the Sacaba zone this transfer!
On Sunday, we got to go to church and partake of the sacrament! Best part of the week. Met a lot of the ward members and got to share my testimony. We also taught part of the young men's class and that was quite the adventure but it went really well. Then we rushed back over to Esmeralda for the baptism of Cristian and Saheriel! It's been such an absolute blessing and miracle for me to teach this family and be an instrument in the hands of the Lord to help them come unto christ. They have such strong faith. Mariela has been so happy to come back to church and then yesterday to see her husband and son get baptized was so powerful. I had the privilege of baptizing Saheriel and it was a very special experience for me. It was a very powerful and inspiring day for everyone. I love this family so much. Cristian bore his testimony after and you could just see the light of christ beaming from him. Saheriel did too and It was so sweet. In a year, this family will be able to get sealed in the house of the Lord for time and all eternity. I am so grateful that the Lord allowed me to be apart of helping this family. Their faith is so strong and inspiring to me. I am so happy for them!
After the baptism we zoomed over to Presidente's house for the consillio de lideres (mission leadership conference)
And let me just say it was awesome! Super powerful and jam packed with some fire plans for the mission. We learned a ton of things and made some great plans for our zone.
And we got to have a fire dinner and spend some great time with President and Hermana Lopera! They are so awesome! I am so grateful that they are my mission leaders!
Christ loves you!
Love,
Elder Richards



