Week 56: La conferencia general, tocino, y EL PASO TEXAS TEMPLE!!!
Monday, Oct. 7, 2024
Que tal yall! We had a fire week here in Sacaba!
I got to go on an exchange this week with Elder Talbert! He's a great missionary and I learned a lot from him. It was cool to have another exchange in Huayllani! My first was back in my first transfer with Elder Bacon and we ended up having a noche de hogar with the same homies as my first exchange. They bought us chow pizza which was absolutely fire!
We also had zone council and Elder Collins and I gave a training about hope. It was very powerful! Hope is something so incredibly awesome and crucial and I would encourage you all to go and study it and apply it into your life!
A big dub this week is so basically we are now making breakfast in our houses because there was some issues with the quality and quantity of breakfast in lots of areas in the mission. (Not Esmeralda they make the best breakfast in Bolivia) and so now we get more of a budget to make breakfast. Well we've always had a rule that we can't eat tocino (bacon) but basically Hermana Lopera dropped a vid in all the zone chata this last week saying that we could eat bacon and strawberries if we get a certain kind and prepare the strawberries right. Huge dub!! You already know that we've been making some fire bacon egg sandwiches in the mornings!
General conference was so incredibly fire! I am so grateful for the Lord's servants who guide us in these latter days. Especially our beloved prophet! I am so grateful that we have a living prophet who leads us and guides us! His talk was so powerful! And what an inspired invitation to study the atonement of Jesus Christ every week the rest of our lives! I know we will see tremendous blessings.
EL PASO TEXAS TEMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh my goodness! I am so happy that a house of the Lord will be built in El Paso! The amazing Saints of El Paso have been praying and fasting so long for this tremendous blessing and it's happening! What an absolute blessing! I love the people of El Paso with all my heart and I'm so excited!
Love you so much Soccoro ward! I miss you guys so much and can't wait to see yall again!
Spiritual sprinkle:
I'm sorry yall I've been really lacking on the Spiritual thoughts lately! That's on me!
I really loved how the Saturday night session had a special focus on repentance and the Savior's healing power. And how President Nelson invited us to strengthen our knowledge and testimony of Atonement! Repentance is something so amazing that is only possible through Christ's infinite atonement. And it is such a blessing! We all make mistakes. We are all imperfect. But through repentance, we can change. Through the Savior's atoning power, we can be forgiven. And have everlasting joy and peace. I testify that the power of repentance is real because I've experienced it. I am so grateful for it. I would invite you all to follow the prophet's invitation of experiencing the joy of daily repentance. I promise that you will see miracles in your life and be able to feel the spirit and the Savior's love more fully.
Love,
Elder Richards






