Week 82: Because I love the Savior

Monday, April 14, 2025

Que tal yall! 

A quick week here in Cochabamba. 

We were able to get a lot of work done in the offices and also have some awesome miracles in our area.
Something sad is that our friend Luis was supposed to get baptized but his parents said he couldn't till he turned 18 in 2 years. This was a big L because Luis is a dawg and wants to get baptized so bad. We are planning on going to talk to his parents this week and praying that the spirit will soften their hearts. 
We had 3 friends come to church on Sunday! Marco Antonio came with his wife Silvia who's a member that hasn't come to church in 20 years. It was so cool to see them there. They are both reading the Book of Mormon and he is praying to know that it's true. I want to help this family so bad come unto Christ and be apart of His Church and make covenants with God. Please pray for Marco Antonio and Sylvia and their family! 
We had district P day today. Got some tucumanas for breakfast and chicken sándwiches for lunch. I also bought some blue light glasses today which I'm pumped about. 

Also shoutout to my brother Ben for staying true to his word and walking the 25 miles home from Bluffdale after losing his March Madness bracket. And to my dad for being an absolute dawg to walk it with him. 

And a shoutout to my trainer Elder Mecham who finishes his mission tomorrow!!! I love you so much bro!!!!!! See you in a few months! 
Elder Mecham was the companion I spent the longest with and he had a big and important impact (and still does) on my mission and on my life. He is a true disciple of Jesus Christ and I am so grateful for his example. I cherish those 5 first months of my time in the mission field with him so much. I could spend a whole email hyping him up but have a safe flight bro and enjoy being with your family again! 

Spiritual Sprinkle:
This last general conference was so fire. I would say this general conference was the most ive ever been prepared for. We prepared as a mission by studying a talk a day and when conference arrived it was magical. I'm gonna start putting in things I loved from this conference in my emails. One of the talks I loved the most was "My love for the Savior is my reason why" by Elder Gimenez. 
After studying it again I decided to draw on a paper "Because I love the Savior, I will....."
And It has helped me to think about the different things I can do to show my love for the Savior. And of course as the savior says, if you love me, keep my commandments. 
I invite you all to think about what you will do because you love the Savior! 

Love, 
Elder Richards 





Popular posts from this blog

Week 99: A fire (and watery) week (Semana 99: una semana de fuego (y agua))