Week 95 + Week 96: MyPlan has begun

Monday, July 21, 2025

(Transcript of voice memo)


Hey, what's up, yeah, sorry to be sending a voice message two weeks in a row. Hopefully I'm gonna try to attach the last voice message. It wasn't really attached to it last week and I was trying to send it, but it was like 5:59. And I was like, shoot, I don't have any time, so I couldn't send it.


But just want to give a little update of the week.


It's going well, so I'm just cleaning right now, finishing off the floors, keeping this place nice and tidy. But basically we had transfers, I think I talk a lot, but just in case I don't in touch I'll just talk about it now.


We had transfers. I sit in the offices. I'm gonna die or I'm gonna finish my mission here in the offices — like in the mission, we have a term, it's called like dying, like an area cause it's like your last area, right? And the mission, so it's crazy — I've had 3 areas, 3 assignments, 3 companions in the offices, and right now I'm right now I'm one of the financial secretaries. And we got switched to Universidad area right next to sticks and we literally live right next to the sticks and like our apartment complex is literally like right to the next of us like the lot over is the stake center where the offices are and also our chapel.


So everything's close. We don't have to take taxis like all now. It's amazing. Instead of taking like a 15 minute taxi to the offices and back to our pension and back to the offices and then back to our area each day, we just walk to our pension 5 minutes, walk back to the offices, and then we walk to the offices for like 2 minutes, or like 30 seconds. Everything's close, but It's pretty far.


But yeah.


So, I don't know, everything's going well though. We had a baptism last Saturday. We've had two this transfers so far, the last missionaries left us with some fechas (dates), which has been awesome and Maurice got baptized this last Saturday, and he asked me to baptize him, which is a huge privilege.


He's honestly such a dawg. Like it's been such a pleasure to get to know him. His story is so cool. He's actually 70 years old, the oldest person I've taught my mission or that I've that has been able to get baptized and, he's, he's so cool.


The story is so cool like, he's always been religious, you know, but about a month ago he saw an ad on Facebook and it was like, just like, are you, you feel like your connection with God has been lost? Talk to the missionaries that can help you and or like you wanna make like a better community of friends and stuff and He was able to accept the invitation to get baptized in the restored church of Christ, so it's so cool.


His friends like were mocking him and telling him that he was doing this wrong, and basically on AI after that, he like searched up the Church cause he was like, “oh, is this like even true?”


Like he was starting to doubt his faith a little bit and then, yeah, AI just gave a bunch of, you know, false stuff, but at the very end it said, “But as with everything about God, just like in church, follow your heart.” And so he was like, well I, I felt like this is true, so I'm gonna follow that. And he just told all the haters, like, “bro, I know this is true.” Makes me think of that meme of that that one kid who is like, “Don't mind me, I'm just too busy blocking out the haters.”


That's what Mauricio did. So that was super cool.


But yeah. So it's crazy. I started MyPlan this week, which is super surreal. Never thought this day would come, start MyPlan, but here we are. Pretty wild, but we are here just working to the very end. I'm not trunky at all, like actually at all.


I’d love to, honestly like extend my mission but that's not In God's plans for me, this is the time that he has asked me to go home. So. As my president says the mission is just the preparation for the mission of life, so.


Yeah, that's about it for this week though. I love you guys. Hope you have a fire week!

Popular posts from this blog

Week 99: A fire (and watery) week (Semana 99: una semana de fuego (y agua))