Week 100: Grateful
Monday, Aug. 11, 2025
Que tal yall!
This week was a very interesting one!
I had my last zone conferences and gave my departing testimony. I also had my last Sacrament service in Bolivia and had the privilege of giving a talk. I had my last p day and saw some of my most favorite people for the last time before I return to Bolivia. I also got wrecked with Salmonella and Ameobas and was inside for 3 days straight.
This week as I experiences some of my "lasts" of my mission, I really reflected a lot of what my mission has done for me and meant to me. I am a person who thinks very deeply, and as I've been thinking very deeply, I just cant help express gratitude for what the Savior has been able to do for me, and the man he has been able to change me into because of my mission.
My mission has been without a doubt the hardest thing I have every done in my life. I went through some very difficult things. But through many tears, prayers, fasting, study, and faith, I have been able to understand how really all covering and powerful and incredibly wonderful the Atonement of Jesus Christ is. Because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, I was able to grow and change through the hard times and because the man that Heavenly Father needs.
My mission has also been the most amazing, beutiful, joyful, miracle filled 2 years of my life. I love my mission. I grew to love these people like i never thought I would. The people of El Paso Texas and Cochabamba Bolivia hold a special place in my heart and I love them so much. There are people that I absolutely needed to meet. People that have changed my life.
I have also seen miracles that I know could only have been orchestrated by a loving, all knowing Heavenly Father who wants the best for his children. I have seen people change their lives and experience the joy of living the gospel. I have witnessed christ change the hearts of people. I have witnrssed christ change people. This has brought me great joy. To know that I have been an instrument in the hands of god to bring to pass his great work has been an incredible blessing.
Before my mission, I knew that the Church was true, but I didn't really understand the importance. I know now that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only church on earth that has the priesthood authority from God so that we can make covenants with him to return in his presence. I know that Joseph Smith was and is a prophet of god, and that he saw what he saw. God the Father and Jesus Christ. I know that the Book of Mormón is true and the most correct of any book on earth. By reading it, I have been able to come to know my Savior and the precious truths that I have testified of for these last two years. I love the Book of Mormon.
I know that families can be together forever.
I love Jesus Christ. I know that he loves us and that he lives! I am thankful for him and for all that he has done for me and does for me in my life. Because of my mission, I have a relationship with him that will keep growing.
I'm thankful that I've been able to bring souls unto him during these last two years. But the most important soul that I've brought unto him, is my own. I am now a disciple of Christ and I will serve him for the rest of my life! I love this gospel! I love my mission!
I will be speaking about my experiences on Sunday the 24th at 9am. I would love to see you all there! There will be food at the Richards home after! All are welcome!
I love yall!
Love, Elder Richards